Monday, November 3, 2014

Bella's Patchwork Goes to Quilt Market

I was incredibly lucky to spend a few days in Houston last month to attend International Quilt Market. Attending is the dream of most quilters, and I had been planning the trip for over 12 months. I certainly wasn't disappointed!

The market is held at the ginormous convention centre in Downtown Houston, and alongside the market as some amazing quilt displays. The one I was most excited to see was the red quilt exhibition that was in New York City a few years ago.
 
Besides seeing all the new and upcoming fabrics, I was also excited to meet all the designers that I have long admired. There was Camille from Simply Retro showing off the lovely Daysail.


And Kate Spain, who greeted me with the hugest hug. I am totally in love with Paradiso.


And the delightful Vanessa from V&Co.


And Katy Jones of I'm a Ginger Monkey. She was a delight to meet and I walked away with a few of her books.


The first day of the market is School House, and in a break between sessions I ducked into the bathroom, only to find Kate Spain and Joanna Figuroa getting ready for the Moda School House session. Aren't they the cutest!    
        

I took a million photos and will get them posted over a few days. But in the meantime, all my loot from Sample Spree is available in the shop (minus a few I've stashed away for myself of course). You can find them here.



4 comments:

Susan said...

It looks like it was an amazing experience- somewhat overwhelming I guess! I'm curious- do they give stuff away, or is it all for sale? just asking....

Chookyblue...... said...

love all your pics..........thanks for sharing......can't wait for more.......

Chookyblue...... said...

yes I am with the first comment........how does Sample spree work? I have heard it is chaotic

Unknown said...

I love anything Kate Spain does, so I'm happy to see all of her new patterns.