Saturday, January 18, 2014

The Wedding Quilt

A lovely friend of mine got married last weekend, and what better gift than a handmade quilt. The invitation specifically requested second hand, homemade or hand made presents, so a quilt with fabric scraps was absolutely perfect.


I dug out all the bits of Vintage Modern left from the 2012 BOM, then added any other bits of Bonnie and Camille fabric I has on hand. On the back I used the Ikea number print left over from my Scrappy Tripalong.




I'm so pleased with how it turned out, and both the bride and groom were very happy to receive it.

 

5 comments:

a good yarn said...

It's so pretty! What a nice idea to have for wedding presents.

Marg said...

That's a lovely wedding present.

Robyn of Oz said...

Love the quilt and what a wonderful person your friend sounds like! That is just brilliant.

Lynda said...

I love their idea for presents and you came up with the perfect solution. The quilt is so lovely.

Anonymous said...

http://iknow77.blogspot.co.il/