Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sewing Room: Part Two


Yesterday was painting day; mum and I both pulled up our sleeves and got stuck into it. You don't realise how bad the old colour was until you see the new colour near it. It was a real 80s mushroom/stone colour.


The walls haven't been painted in at least 25 years, so they aren't in the best condition. We'll have to do a second coat next weekend, and finish off the cornices and skirting boards, and most likely the cupboard doors.


I'm really not enjoying the smell of paint wafting through the house, but not too long and I'll have myself a new room!

3 comments:

a good yarn said...

Nothing improves a room quite like a fresh coat of paint. Great work!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you will be glad when the painting is done, I used to enjoy painting - now I hate it. Things will move faster after that part is finished.

Robyn of Oz said...

Hi Kate
I know what you mean about the paint smell. If it is not too damp in your neck of the woods, and the aspect of the room, open a window a little, and also, if you have one, a few drops in an oil burner of a nice essential oil would have to help.
Once the room is ready to move into, you will not know yourself! :)