Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Baking a Rainbow

They've become all the rage on the internet, and felt it was time I had a go....it's a Rainbow Cake!
I used the recipe from over
here; a single quantity for the two layers, though I would have been better doubling it.

So, I started with the mix divided over 6 bowls.



Added my colours; I used the gel dyes, though I really need to get a Red Red rather than the Christmas Red, which comes out quite pinkish. You can also add more gel to make the colours more intense.




Then I layered the mix into the pans. I worked from red to purple in one pan, and purple to red in the other. Use 2/3 of the mix for the first three colours in each pan, and the remaining 1/3 for the last three colours in each.







Six empty bowls of cake mix to lick!


Straight out of the oven.






Stack one on top of the other, using a thin layer of icing to join. Then ice... the pink peril! Not my neatest effort but its a good test-run.





The moment of truth!








Supper!
Gone!

Now I just need to find an excuse to bake a 6 layer rainbow!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

It looks fabulous! What a stunner! Great for a kid's party. ann :-)