Saturday, May 28, 2011

Surviving Camp

I made it home from Year 7 camp safe and sound, though I was hit with a pretty bad cold on the last day. It was cold, foggy, and very wet and muddy, but it was a great learning experience.






The kids got to do all sorts of activities, from caving and rock climbing, to canoeing and high ropes.




I learnt a lot of new skills when it comes to being a teacher, and even scored myself a family size bag of lollies when some of the boys decided to have a late night snack in their room. The camp provided the most amazing food, so I have no idea why they thought they needed to eat more.



The next two weeks are going to be a little hectic, as I juggle uni with four more days of teaching placement, in addition to my nasty chest cold (apparently viral, so nothing I can do about it), and making more softies for the next market. After that though, I've got a good 5 weeks to myself before I take on some work at my previous uni, then head overseas. Definitely something to look forward to.

No comments: