Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Pumpkin Soup Kind of Day

The cooler weather is really kicking in, the trees have mostly lost their leaves, and the lights need to be switched on in the early afternoon. Winter is definitely on its way! One of my favourite things about this time of year is pumpkin soup. This is my recipe:





Ingredients:

butter

1 diced onion

pumpkin, cut into chunks (I use about 1/3 of a pumpkin)

1L chicken or vegetable stock

Melt the butter, then add the diced onion and potato. Saute until onion is soft, then add pumpkin and stock. Simmer until the vegies are soft, then puree with a bar mix. Divine served hot with a dollop of cream, sour cream, or yoghurt if you want to keep it healthy.



Sorry for the lack of content lately; I started my teaching placement this week and I've been busy finding my feet. I'm in a really good school right around the corner from my house and really enjoying it so far. I don't imagine there will be much sewing time; I've got a huge pile of tests to mark this weekend!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Yep, it's soup weather alright. Lurrrrvve pumpkin...and minestrone...and chicken noodle...