Monday, October 18, 2010

Ups and Downs

Today has been one giant rollercoaster, with fantastic ups and some pretty annoying downs.

I started out the day in fasting mode, as I had to have a radiation-based breath test done. It's nothing major, just trying to find the cause of an ongoing stomach ache, but I've never done a test where you blow up a balloon and send the air off for testing before!

When I got home I popped on eBay and bought a dress that I'd tried on at the shops yesterday, for almost 1/3 the price. That was a pretty thrilling buy, and I'm really looking forward to receiving it.


I was also having a good go at getting Short Story done; I assembled the centre, and got the inner borders on.

Then disaster struck; I was doing a software update for my iPhone and iTunes decided it was having a bad day...it deleted everything off my phone. I've lost all my contacts, notes and text messages, but the worst is the loss of all my photos. Most are just things I've seen out and about, but I had a few lovely ones of Bella, plus my friend's babies, that I'll never get back.

I've got most of my contacts restored, minus a few newer ones that I don't have written down. I've sorted most of my apps, and got all the settings back how I like them. But its lost the familiarity of everything being in just the right place. Plus it's now got a few tricks that are more like iPhone4, and I'm not sure I like it.

Tomorrow can only get better!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Love your Short Story! Technology...ACK!