Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I Did It!

With a couple of spare hours up my sleeve yesterday, I decided it was time to tackle that skirt pattern. And I'm really pleased with the outcome, using a lovely Fandango print.


(bad photo due to poor weather in Melbourne, as usual...)

Not only is it the first time I've ever made a piece of clothing, its the first time I've put a zip into anything. The only thing I'm not to happy with is that the waist is a tiny bit higher on one side of the zip compared with the other, but that's just a learning curve.


I see a Bliss version in my future....

2 comments:

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Ohh...I am terrified of making clothing and ZIPPERS! Congrats to you! I am sure that you will get lots of use out of it.

BTW-How is the job going?

XOXO,
Stefanie

Deb said...

Well done! Love the fabric! Mind you, love Kate Spain's designs. Her ranges are beautiful. So what's the next project? :-)