Tuesday, May 4, 2010

AQC Haul

I'm a few days late, but here is my wrap up of AQC. I was impressed with the layout improvements made for this year; there was more room to move between stalls, though that doesn't help a lot when 20 people are queued up at each stall!

There was a good range of shops present too, and I was pleased to see that pre-cuts have made a bit of a comeback this year. The prices were a lot more reasonable than last year too; I've previously seen layer cakes as high as $70!

I was very restrained, and only purchased a few fat quarters; Whimsy, Make Life, and a Prints Charming print. Oh, and a new blade for my rotary cutter. I thought those Make Life fabrics would make gorgeous statement cushions.

I did also order a kit from the lovely Ballarat Patchwork: Nine Birds, which will be arriving in the next couple of weeks. I was drawn to it despite is not being my "usual" style. Sometimes you just need to do something a little different.



There's not much else going on at the moment...I'm slowly plugging away at the Mystery BOM finishing kit, and recovering from a fantastic night at the John Mayer concert in Melbourne last night. Boy that bloke can sing!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You were very restrained ! What you did buy is so lovely though .

a good yarn said...

Glad you enjoyed the AQC. I love the birdy quilt! Ann :-)