Monday, March 1, 2010

A Linen Cabinet and a Little Progress

I'm a sucker for a bargain. I love getting something I've wanted for ages on sale. Who doesn't? Ikea have a clearance sale on at the moment, and mum and I decided to brave the madness over the weekend, and I'm glad we did! I managed to snap up a cute linen cabinet that will be perfect for storing quilts in. However, it will remain in its box until I move into my own place, but it's something to look forward to.

Quilting/sewing progress has been a little slow this week. I've only got two sides of Red Velvet border left to quilt, but I've been procrastinating and working with Verna instead. I've sliced and diced all my charm squares and stitched them to the background fabric. Now to trim and assemble the blocks!

4 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Verna just says Spring time to me! I just love it, it's cheery. You were brave to join up the crowds at Ikea!
The cabinet is a beauty though!

Little Lady Patchwork said...

I have also had my eye on that cabinet! All of your quilts will look great all nicely folded inside.

I am loving the look of your Verna fabric.

Carol said...

I love your cabinet! It's going to be wonderful full of quilts.

Unknown said...

Kate I just love your cabinet but that's just like me I get storage envy , lol ! What pretty fabric , looking forward to seeing it all done up .