Monday, March 29, 2010

It's Back!

My quilting mojo, that is. It's been a little absent lately, so I've been piecing quilts then adding them to a pile to quilt "later". It doesn't help that my sewing machine is being a little uncooperative; when I stipple it gets "stuck" and I have to cut the threads and start again. And it's developed a bit of a rattle. Due for a service I'd say!

Anyway, I've set aside this morning to quilt Mini Jelly Filled before I head in to work. Just a sneak-peak for now. The weather is terrible too, so the photo is darker than usual.



I'm also in the process of "doing up" a filing cabinet; grey really doesn't suit me so I'm painting it pink. I've only done the drawers so far, but I promise there will be photos soon; when I say pink, I mean pink!

Everything is moving along well with Bella's Patchwork. The plan is to launch at the start of May, which I'm sure will be here before I know it. I'm in the process of setting up accounts with distributors and ordering patterns from my favourite designers which is very exciting. I'm planning a little giveaway for when I launch, to thank all of you for your support, advice and suggestions, so keep an eye out!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Quilting before work ! It was worth it as it is really beautiful !

Carol said...

I love your Mini Jelly Filled. WONDERFUL!

Jodie said...

Just gorgeous Kate, as per usual of coarse...

Hugs - Jodie :)

Bec said...

Mini Jelly Filled looks so yummy! Beautiful quilting....
Wow! Your own shop! How exciting! Looking forward to seeing you open.

Ginger Patches said...

Your quilting looks great!! I love that sweet line :)