Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Little Progress

In the midst of another heatwave, its been a bit difficult to get much done the last few days; we were over 40 degrees yesterday, and our overnight minimum was 31!

So between sprawling on the couch and sitting in front of a desk fan, I've managed to get only a bit of sewing done; I've been working on the gorgeous Red Velvet.

The main blocks are done, as are the X blocks. All I need to do is the border blocks, then it'll be ready to assemble!

A couple of weeks ago (yup, things are a bit behind...), I had a bit of a scribble and fiddle, and managed to sew up a handbag hanger. The pic isn't great, but the idea it to hand it up, and there are tabs so that you can hang your gorgeous handbags/evening bags up in an orderly fashion (rather than piling them all onto two coat hooks on the back of your door like I do!)

Some garden progress; I harvested my first onion! The rest are also ready, but due to the heat I've been eating salads; nothing I need onions for so I've left them in the ground for now.

In other news, making progress with the shop idea; got tax advice and started to get prices, and looks like this could work...I'm very excited!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Kate I love the fabrics in your blocks ! Healthy looking onion , clever you .

Christine said...

I can't wait to see Red Velvet sewn together ... the blocks look lovely. Good luck with the shop venture .. something I've considered but not been brave enough!

Jodie said...

The onion looks delicious Kate!!! Great news on the shop front, can't wait to see how you go with this new venture..

Hugs
Jodie :)

Jodie said...

I can't believe you were so productive in that heat !