Saturday, May 2, 2009

Still Here!

I've been a bit quiet this week, but I've been slowly making progress. My back problem from my fall in Feb flared up, so I've been quilting in small lots rather than going for it for hours on end, and working on my scarf when it gets a bit much. However, I have finally finished all the centre blocks of 4OT!

I've still got the borders to go; 24 triangles with feathers, then I need to decide what to put in the other blocks. I'm thinking I might use a larger version of some of the patterns from the centre blocks, but I'm not quite sure yet.

I'm also looking forward to this quilt being done so I can get onto "Catch a Falling Star"; it's been sitting, neatly folded, in the lounge room for months! I want to be able to quilt that one a bit faster than 4OT, so I was thinking maybe a spiral stipple...I've been practicing and it's not looking too bad, just need to get the size a little more consistent.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that quilt and the spiral practicing your doing.

Carol said...

Kate sorry to hear that your back is giving you a hard time...take care of yourself. Love your quilt and your practice quilting looks great!

rachelmp said...

I hope your back feels better.. but your quilting looks fantastic!

Bec said...

I still love that quilt, and your quiltig is looking fabulous! It takes time but you will appreciate it all the more when it is finished.