Friday, May 15, 2009

Falling into Winter

Autumn is on the way out, and winter is definitely approaching.

I've just collected the first big lot of Feijoas from under the tree; the funny thing is I don't actually eat them, but I'm finding there are plenty of people willing to take them off my hands.



The broad beans have sprouted (and the peas are all planted):



The silverbeet is finally taking off:



The rhubarb is huge!


The creeper on my chimney is a beautiful colour:


Bella has taken to "hiding" inside the hamper I got earlier in the week:


And 4OT is all finished, trimmed, and ready to be bound.

I'm off on holidays tomorrow, to sunny Queensland. I shall see you all in a week!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your garden is beautiful. What is the first picture of? Looks kinda like a fig?

Carol said...

Have a great time!

Jodie said...

Love all of the gardening pics... Isn't it just sooo rewarding growing your own produce???

Take Care
jodie :)

Renee said...

I am so jealous of your vegie patch! We have a tiny balcony which the sun barely touches - not good for growing anything!

And Bella looks gorgeous all wrapped up - I wouldn't mind a hamper like that!