Sunday, March 1, 2009

Baby Shower

Today was C's baby shower, four weeks out from when the bub is due to arrive. Her next-door neighbour was nice enough to organise the party, and some fun games as well. The invite stated "light lunch provided", but that was a bit of an understatement! We had all the usual chips and dips, followed by mini pies and other hot party foods, then some yummy desserts. It doesn't hurt that both C and her husband are both qualified pastry chefs.

There was a lovely cake as the centrepiece, all made by C, with gorgeous horses on every cake, and on the top. I'm told they are 100% sugar...so not sure if I'll be eating it...it looks too cute anyway!




C got lots of lovely pressies. I can finally show off the hamper I put together! I figure she would get a lot of little onesies, so I went for a range of practical and fun stuff; cotton wraps, socks, singlets, teething ring and gel, bath products and moisturiser, and a couple of cute toys including a little dog that makes funny noises whenever its nudged. I put it all in a basket that can be used to store baby stuff.



We also got to play some fun baby-related games, including dressing a baby, blindfolded! I actually did alright, despite not having much (any?) experience with babies...it was funny watching my mum trying to dress one, its been a while!



With all the activity this weekend, there hasn't been a heap of sewing...but just two more rows to go on the Falling Star quilt!

4 comments:

Renee said...

those cakes are amazing! Looks like you had fun :)

Unknown said...

Renee was right fantastic cakes .
clares craftroom

Quilter Going Bananas said...

I love the cupcakes, too cute!
I also enjoyed reading about your visit to the AQC too. Maybe this weekend you'll get to sew...

Leanne said...

Those cup cakes are amazing.