Sunday, October 5, 2008

Wuthering Heights

With no decent progress to show for a whole weekend (the weather has been far too nice to be inside), I thought I'd show off this quilt that I made last year. It was only the second quilt I'd ever made, and took me six months to hand quilt. The pattern was from Homespun Magazine, and all the fabrics are Moda Wuthering Heights.


It's a large quilt, a little over 2m square. I hand-quilted a diagonal grid pattern.

Centre pattern
Close-up of quilting; I'm always surprised how even my stitches look, even after 6 months when I was completely over the quilt.

The reason why I've done little sewing has been due to the lovely weather here, and also because I went to the Red Hill Market yesterday. For those that aren't familiar, the Red Hill market is one of the most well known in Melbourne; it has fruit/veg, cakes/biscuits, crafts etc. We went early (I had to be out of bed at 6.30!) in order to beat the traffic, and I'm glad as the line of cars when we left went for kilometers! Unfortunately I forgot to take my camera, but if anyone is ever in Melbourne I recommend a visit. One of my purchases was a cute little onesie for one of the upcoming babies; very cute, probably not too hard to work out how to make myself.

4 comments:

Scottish Nanna said...

Hi Kate I love your Quilt very nice love the colours.
Hugs Mary.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

You should be very proud of the fact that you took the time and care to hand quilt the quilt. Love the colours in the quilt too.

Christine said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for the machine quilting advice. I know I just need to practice ... must make time soon!
Love your Wuthering Heights quilt .. your handquilting is divine.
Christine

Myra said...

What a beautiful quilt! Gorgeous! 8-)