Thursday, September 11, 2008

Birthday

I celebrated my birthday yesterday, and like most years I like to fit in at much as possible to make the most of it. I spent the morning working on the Chocolat quilt; Ive pieced half the top so far. I need to sew the rest of the rows together, then add the borders and the top will be done!

I then met up with a couple of friends for afternoon tea at Max Brenners where I ate way too much chocolate, but the Tutti Frutti Waffles are devine! So good infact, that I forgot to take photos, sorry... but you can always go try it out for yourself!



Then I met my mum for dinner, before heading to see Wicked! It was fantastic, and really worth going to see if you get the chance. We managed to get seats right down near the front which was great.

And as an extra suprise, my friends at uni burried my entire desk in balloons!
I'm doing a bit of a cocktail party for my birthday on Saturday, so I've been at the markets buying lots of yummy food this morning, and the next couple of days will involve a fair bit of cooking, and probably a bit of cleaning too... I'll do my best to get pictures of the food as I make it.


8 comments:

julia said...

Hi Kate,
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!
It seems that you've had a wonderful day. Hope your cocktail party on Saturday will be at least as good as this day ;o)
Greetings from a birthday girl herself ;o)
Julia

Jeanne said...

Happy Birthday a day late! It sounds like you had a great day. I love that chocolate line of fabric. Your quilt will be very pretty.

Jean said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday and I love the Chocolat quilt. It is gorgeous. How will you finish it?

Jean said...

BTW you are featured on quilting bloggers today.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Hi Kate Happy Birthday...and your quilt looks fantastic, have a great weekend sounds like a lot of fun.

Shellbells said...

happy birthday my dear fellow virgo...mine was 3 sept. just found your blog now shall go and check out your blog...welcome to the blog world!!!

Samantha said...

Sounds like a great birthday, I have been wanting to see Wicked, maybe I'll get to go on my next birthday! And I love the quilt, in fact,I think I might have some of those same fabrics in my stash!

Unknown said...

Happy belated Birthday! Congratulations on finishing your degree! Woo hoo!! Your quilts look great.